Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

nobody can monitor the dog parks, the average dog owner doesn't understand aggression.
Signs of aggression, the fact that not all dogs are friendly, or both?
Plus sometimes if there is one aggressive dog attacking a dog, dogs who maybe aren't aggressive will gang up on the dog being attacked, just for fun
Oh wow, I didn't know that!

Signs of aggression, the fact that not all dogs are friendly, or both?

Oh wow, I didn't know that!

Yes, the fact that not all dogs are friendly. If dog was lunging at the end of the leash, a clueless owner would think "oh he's exited" when really, he is showing signs of reactivity or aggression

and yes, its more common than you'd think :(

nobody can monitor the dog parks, the average dog owner doesn't understand aggression. Plus sometimes if there is one aggressive dog attacking a dog, dogs who maybe aren't aggressive will gang up on the dog being attacked, just for fun
I've seen a dog fight at a dog park. The dog who started it was a huge Malamute and the owners had it on a prong collar and it was pulling so hard as it approached the park. It began growling at the other dogs from outside the fence and I said out loud, "they're not compatible!" Then I heard the owner say something like, "he's better when he's off leash," and she let him loose into the area with the most dogs in it.

Back
Top Bottom