Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

Deacon's story. I am in a really tough spot.

We got him in 2013 as an 8 week old puppy

In 2014 we Fostered Zeus. BOY did deacon and the other dog we had (Kennedy) HATE him. Deacon was fine with dogs before this. Kennedy was always aggressive, but she kind of influenced deacon to be aggressive too.

In 2014 we Adopted Zeus. My mom was selfish and decided to keep him

From 2014-2016 deacon spend most of his time downstairs in a crate Or outside with kennedy in the backyard al lday. . My mom put kennedy down for being aggressive with dogs. When kennedy died, deacon no longer stayed in the backyard. He jumped the fence. Therefore for a year or so he was in the kennel, unless he was being let out morning and night to do his buisness. I walked him only sometimes. I was 12 at the time.

In 2016 I started learning more about dogs, and dedicated my time to training deacon. I walked him, I played with him. I brought him up to my room during the day

So that brings us to now. He stays in my room all day, he sleeps downstairs in his kennel at night.

I fear that when I go to college, he will go back to living in the basment alone again. My parents will not put effort into walking him. I know it. When Zeus dies, they won't take the time to train him to be a indoor dog.

I feel like its my job to either bring him with me, or rehome him. But he isn't my dog. Its not my choice of what happens to him.

My best bet if if Zeus dies withen the next three years, so I have the chance to house train deacon. i KNOW its morbid, "when the dog dies".. but when zeus dies, is when deacon gets hope.

My choice now is Lecture my parents and hold them to making sure he gets walked and exersised everyday, and that he gets house time during the day. Bring him to college as an ESA, or rehome him as an only dog.

Don’t you have to have a disability to have a service animal?

Yes

I'm talking about an ESA. They don't need any training. Their job is to provide comfort to their owners. They just need a doctors note to be registered.

A Service animal is a dog, or a horse (or in canada, cats) that is trained to medigate a disability. They require intense training, and they are not registered animals.

Anxiety Service Dogs.jpeg

I wont say what, but I do have mental health issues that is medigated by my Dog even though he's not really a doctor pescribed esa

Back
Top Bottom