Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

I supp

Oh yeah, canicross is great! With these ones tho it just seems to me that if people don’t want to walk their dogs it would be because they’re bad at walking on leash, so I’d they lunge and it’s attached to your waist it could pull you over
Yea that makes sense haha well I mean tbh I think it more so saves your back rather than stopping them pulling.

@chickentrains, I have a question for you.

So, my dog loves to bark at other dogs. He is also in the habit of barking for food(I've tried ignoring him, but he still does it:(). Right now, I've been trying to train this out of him, but I was wondering if you have any other ideas on how to deal with these things. Thanks!

@chickentrains, I have a question for you.

So, my dog loves to bark at other dogs. He is also in the habit of barking for food(I've tried ignoring him, but he still does it:(). Right now, I've been trying to train this out of him, but I was wondering if you have any other ideas on how to deal with these things. Thanks!
Is this the border collie or the mix?

I have decided to do something about the training methods after we went to a restaurant yesterday. Apparently, his barking scared some people. One parent was like "That's the dog that was barking, let's move aside":(. This made me sort of sad, because he was a very nice boy at home. I've been trying to train him without affecting other people. Because of COVID, I've also only been able to go outside for training a few times.

I have decided to do something about the training methods after we went a restaurant yesterday. Apparently, his barking scared some people. One parent was like "That's the dog that was barking, let's move aside":(. This made me sort of sad, because he was a very nice boy at home. I've been trying to train him without affecting other people. Because of COVID, I've also only been able to go outside for training a few times.
Is he a 'COVID puppy' as in you got him in the height of the pandemic? If you're not able to go out with him too much, it might be that he's overstimulated because he's not used to things like other dogs and people and cars and such.

Have you tried teaching a 'quiet' command? If you did that, you could wait until it's food time, and have him be quiet before he's allowed to eat.
Yeah. He does that great. But if I'm teaching him a new trick and he gets it wrong just ONCE, he becomes very frustrated and starts demand-barking at me...
I leave the room when he does that, but it doesn't seem to help much.

Back
Top Bottom