Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

:lau yuppppp!!! He was actually technically a surprise from my dad and I’m glad because I would have spent many more years picking out. A breed 😂🤣

BAHAH, You where talking about not getting a dog for awhile then POOF you had a dog. I said.. confusion?

I think with your knowledge you'll be fine with anything. :)

BAHAH, You where talking about not getting a dog for awhile then POOF you had a dog. I said.. confusion?

I think with your knowlage you'll be fine with anything. :)
:lau I’d actually been looking lately before he surprised me lol but I couldn’t decide on a breed 😂🤣

I’m glad I have him though cause he’s great.

And thanks 😊 that’s kinda what I figured too except there’s some I would definitely stay away from for my sanity 😂🤣😜

:lau I’d actually been looking lately before he surprised me lol but I couldn’t decide on a breed 😂🤣

I’m glad I have him though cause he’s great.

And thanks 😊 that’s kinda what I figured too except there’s some I would definitely stay away from for my sanity 😂🤣😜

Yeah, same. I feel Like YES I can handle a Mal, do I want to though? Oh hell no.

How old, how well trained, and what breed is he? Those are all factors- if he's an energetic puppy of a stubborn breed that could totally make a difference.
Jax is a six-year-old mixed breed (part (?) terrier, probably part poodle and perhaps chihuahua). He is a great, "easy" dog around the house, but was never worked with consistently so he pulls on leash and cannot be trusted to perform any command without a treat right in front of him. Very smart and not what I would call stubborn, but impatient when it comes to training. Here he is as of today. The shaved portion on the front legs was due to treatment for an illness he has.
1618285636644.png

I love those! I looked into that breed because some people consider them "hypoallergenic", and yet they don't have curly coats which are so difficult to maintain. They are too high-energy and driven for a suburban house with a small yard, though, and there aren't many breeders in my area. :(

I love those! I looked into that breed because some people consider them "hypoallergenic", and yet they don't have curly coats which are so difficult to maintain. They are too high-energy and driven for a suburban house with a small yard, though, and there aren't many breeders in my area. :(

I wouldn't consider them hypoallergenic, but low shedding, for sure. I LOVE the high drive and high energy, but they have a LEVEL HEAD! THEY USE THEIR BRAINS!!!

Yeah, same. I feel Like YES I can handle a Mal, do I want to though? Oh hell no.
EXACTLY!! Like I used to think I couldn’t handle them but then after reading more, I’m like I could and they’re supposedly easier than some breeds like GSP or cattle dog in terms of off switch 😂🤣 so I’ve heard. But then I’m like NO WAY 😂🤣

I wouldn't consider them hypoallergenic, but low shedding, for sure. I LOVE the high drive and high energy, but they have a LEVEL HEAD! THEY USE THEIR BRAINS!!!
Yes, they're such smart dogs! How do you think their coats compare to that of a schnauzer? I hear some people with allergies are okay with those.

I think a lot depends on the individual and how severe their allergy is but also on the individual dog as their coats may be better than another of the same breed. I’ve known people who react to one individual but not others of the same breed oddly.

And for example, for me, I’m technically “allergic” to dogs but I can bury my face in a fluffy dog’s coat and be totally fine! But I do get a little bit sick or like almost a headache? If they kiss me a ton.

But it’s weird cause it’s not all the time, only sometimes, and mostly only if they kiss the face lol or like if they’re slobbering all over my hands haha long story short, I find I’m more allergic to dog saliva than the actual dog and the fur.

With cats though I’m allergic lol she gets in my face and I sneeze and cough and stuff but she’s long haired and cats do also groom themselves a lot and maybe spread the saliva all over?

The only dog breed I’ve ever had an issue with, in terms of fur and stuff, oddly, is a shar pei lol idk why but I used to know one and his fur always bothered me. Idk if it was how sharp it was or what.

I think a lot depends on the individual and how severe their allergy is but also on the individual dog as their coats may be better than another of the same breed. I’ve known people who react to one individual but not others of the same breed oddly.
That makes sense. For those in our family who are allergic, it is like an asthmatic response that becomes more apparent over time and doesn't always set in right away.

Back
Top Bottom