Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

Cute and fluffy, but very loud and barky as well. I don't know if it's for all Pomeranians...
I am not a fan. When I was a kid my mom adopted a pomeranian that was rather neglected (basically left alone in a crate all day) by her former owner. As a result, she had extreme separation anxiety, obsessively licked, barked non-stop when my mom was gone... Not a nice dog. Didn't seem like she had a great life, either. She was just so obsessed with being near my mom that she wasn't happy. Even when she was near my mom she would excessively lick her paws. Very yappy, as well. And man, her teeth were small but they were sharp! I went to get off the couch one day and put my feet down on the floor (I didn't realize she was laying down there) and she bit my toe. It hurt very bad. Kind of funny now, though. 🤣

I am not a fan. When I was a kid my mom adopted a pomeranian that was rather neglected (basically left alone in a crate all day) by her former owner. As a result, she had extreme separation anxiety, obsessively licked, barked non-stop when my mom was gone... Not a nice dog. Didn't seem like she had a great life, either. She was just so obsessed with being near my mom that she wasn't happy. Even when she was near my mom she would excessively lick her paws. Very yappy, as well. And man, her teeth were small but they were sharp! I went to get off the couch one day and put my feet down on the floor (I didn't realize she was laying down there) and she bit my toe. It hurt very bad. Kind of funny now, though. 🤣
That's not the dog's fault, though. And yeah, little dogs' bites do hurt!

What about peanut butter for dogs? I remember my aunt used to take a hollow bone and fill it with peanut butter to give her dog an activity to do if he had to be inside for a while. Seems like a neat idea, but peanut butter doesn't seem like a natural thing for a dog to eat... 🤔

Oh, I generally prefer medium-sized dogs.

What about peanut butter for dogs? I remember my aunt used to take a hollow bone and fill it with peanut butter to give her dog an activity to do if he had to be inside for a while. Seems like a neat idea, but peanut butter doesn't seem like a natural thing for a dog to eat... 🤔
Neither are vegetables, but there are vegetables in nearly every processed dog food to my knowledge. I see no harm in peanut butter fed as a treat.

Oh, I generally prefer medium-sized dogs.
Me too. I actually grew up with German shepherds, but they were usually on the smaller side. Here's my current puppy, Maisy. I feel like she's going to get bigger than we thought. She's already 60 lb! She's some kind of lab mix. When we got her, we were told she was a pitbull/lab, but chickentrains thinks she probably has hound in her and not pitbull.
20210415_160633.jpg

Back
Top Bottom