Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

Ok so I'm really trying to pursue goldens, bernese mountain dogs, and clumbers, but the issue is that I really need to find someone near me who can bring me to shows because there aren't any near me and my mom is NOT big on driving me to them. I can't find a breeder within an hour of me for any of the breeds, so I'm branching out to other breeds in the sporting and working groups.
The vice president of the AKC lives in my town and I'm pretty sure is active showing dobermans but I have no idea how to contact her :(

Their coat is actually used for spinning, apparently it is like angora. If I get a samoyed it will be interesting to see how it compares to angora
https://samoyed-sbol.co.uk/spinning/
Its part of the reason why my mother wants a samoyed

I see you just posted a bunch of photos of a fluffy brown dog-- I'm guessing the undercoat from it would also be good for spinning. Have you tried it? (Or whoever does the spinning, if it's not you.)

Pomeranian
Idk if their undercoat would be good for spinning- I know that Finn's undercoat wouldn't.

I've read of people spinning the undercoats fromPomeranians, Huskies, and other fluffy breeds, but I don't know whether the coat of that specific dog would be good for that specific spinner, which is why I asked if it's been tried :)

I see you just posted a bunch of photos of a fluffy brown dog-- I'm guessing the undercoat from it would also be good for spinning. Have you tried it? (Or whoever does the spinning, if it's not you.)
I have spun some of her hair before, that was the entire reason why my mother and I started spinning! I was fiddling with some of her hair and managed to turn it in to a bit of string, my mother was interested in spinning before but didn’t know how easy it still is to find stuff for it, I don’t know exactly why she decided to get spinning stuff. I haven’t done much with it because it smells very strongly of dog, apparently samoyed hair doesn’t smell or at least not as strong

Back
Top Bottom