Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

Thank you! He is adorable :love
Omlll that’s adorable! My cat likes to attack me with play times 🤣
A4223F07-5BD1-45AA-A0E7-9FFA2EBE5FAB.jpeg
A9A792DD-2A83-4D31-8145-2A292FB46896.jpeg
1EF960FC-7ACC-4892-AF1D-4E03E0D2981D.jpeg

I would prefer if we kept this a dog thread :).

Deacons obedience is getting really good. I've been going to club every weekend. His fuss has really improved, along with very nice fancy feets. I'll get ya'll a photo when I get home from school.

Truman is.. learning.
Learning🤣 thats godo

Question:

Oliver, my older sisters dog (again) who is a miniature poodle (almost 11 years old), has:
A, been really slow to get up, like it takes him at least a minute or two to get from his dog bed to the door (about a 10 second walk for me) so, is this from his joint pain? Olive's been having joint/back pain for a while now, so he's taking joint chews daily, but is there something better that we can do for him?

B, he's started randomly barking, like for no reason at all. It almost looked like he was barking at his brother, Finley, who he's known since... well, forever. And he very rarely barks. He's even started barking in the middle of the night. What could this be caused by?

Thanks! Just a reminder, he has Degenerative Disc Disease and Addisons.

Question:

Oliver, my older sisters dog (again) who is a miniature poodle (almost 11 years old), has:
A, been really slow to get up, like it takes him at least a minute or two to get from his dog bed to the door (about a 10 second walk for me) so, is this from his joint pain? Olive's been having joint/back pain for a while now, so he's taking joint chews daily, but is there something better that we can do for him?
Given your dogs already diagnosed health issues, this seems normal. Does he have a orthopedic bed? that might help his joints feel less stiff. Maybe refer to your vet for a stronger dosage of meds, and cbd helped my senior dog be in less pain.
B, he's started randomly barking, like for no reason at all. It almost looked like he was barking at his brother, Finley, who he's known since... well, forever. And he very rarely barks. He's even started barking in the middle of the night. What could this be caused by?

Thanks! Just a reminder, he has Degenerative Disc Disease and Addisons.
Probably barking at his brother because he's grumpy and in pain and his brother is bothering him. Also a sigh of canine Alzheimers

Back
Top Bottom