Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

@chickentrains I really need your help! Thanks in advance!

I just adopted a young dog. (5 months). We have another dog that lives with us. (7 months)
They are both females. They don't get along at all! We tried everything we could think of. We even introduced them carefully and the right way. Even at the dog park they fight. Very nastily. Please help! I want to keep her!
View attachment 2988908
At this point it's selfish to keep her. Sorry. Females fight. Males fight for breeding rights, females fight for breathing rights. Yes , it's saying.

@chickentrains I really need your help! Thanks in advance!

I just adopted a young dog. (5 months). We have another dog that lives with us. (7 months)
They are both females. They don't get along at all! We tried everything we could think of. We even introduced them carefully and the right way. Even at the dog park they fight. Very nastily. Please help! I want to keep her!
View attachment 2988908

I'd give the second dog back, or hire a behaviorist.

At this point it's selfish to keep her. Sorry. Females fight. Males fight for breeding rights, females fight for breathing rights. Yes , it's saying.
I agree, return her while you have the chance and before you become too attached. I know it'll be hard to let go, but it's not worth the stress on you or the dogs to try to make them get along. I'm sure you'll find a good match for your dog.

I would like to buy a female show prospect puppy, Rory is perfect with puppies and both genders, fixed or not. Let's hope the new puppy is too
Rory is fixed, right? less likely to happen when they're fixed, but still a possibility

My two males get a long well. I had two males and a female once, that worked. The only combo I had that didn't work was zeus + deacon + kennedy, and Deacon + zeus. All my other dog combos have worked. I had Oscar (M) + Deacon (M) + Kennedy (F), and i had Deacon (M) + Foster puppy (M) + kennedy (F), and that was great. And I have Deacon (M) + truman (M) which works great. I've never had two females, and especially since I have bully breeds, WAY more likely to have SSA in females with bully breeds. Some breeders and rescues literally won't let you have two females in the house.

Thank you guys. We have made the decision to bring her back.
She is also aggressive with our cats do to her high prey drive. :(
Sorry you had to, but I think you made the right decision. I have only had problems with interdog aggression from female dogs, but, then again, I've only had one male and five females.

Sorry you had to, but I think you made the right decision. I have only had problems with interdog aggression from female dogs, but, then again, I've only had one male and five females.
The females always have issues, they've got a tude. Of all the dogs I've had, ONLY one pair of two males have had an issue. My female had an issue with every other female dog she came across. Was fine with males, though.

The females always have issues, they've got a tude. Of all the dogs I've had, ONLY one pair of two males have had an issue. My female had an issue with every other female dog she came across. Was fine with males, though.
Just curious, do you think adding a male dog to a household with two females that don't get along will make things better or worse?

Back
Top Bottom