Chickie Cuteness arrived today *pics*

raindrop

Songster
11 Years
Feb 10, 2008
Western Oregon
My Ideal order arrived this morning, a day earlier than expected. It was a bit of a scramble this morning, but the brooder was set up by my wonderful DH when I got back from the PO. I ordered:
5 barred rock pullets
1 barred rock male
2 buff orpington pullets
4 salmon favorelle pullets
5 silver gray dorking pullets
2 americaunas (EE)
5 speckled sussex pullets
1 speckled susses male
= 25 chicks

I received 26 chicks (extra BO I think, 3 yellow ones have no feathers on legs, 4 have feathers and little puffy cheeks), all alive!

Here they are settling in:
IMG_3643.jpg

One of the many chipmunk chicks getting a drink:
IMG_3642.jpg

Salmon Favorelle chick (these are the ones with the most personality so far, sassy little things and I love the puffy cheeks):
IMG_3644.jpg

Resting tonight, they have stuffed themselves today!
IMG_3643.jpg

This chick looks different than any of the others. The legs are more black and the face and it has little puffs on the ears, it is fluffier than the other chipmunk chicks (like the one behind it). Thought it was an EE, but I'm supposed to have two and no other chicks look like this. Any ideas?
IMG_3636.jpg

Thanks for looking!

What breed are ur chipmunks???? I have one and I'm trying to identify her!!! So far she can be anything from an EE to an Old English Game......LOL!

I'd bet money that the last chick is an EE. Ees can be soooo varied, any of the others, almost, could be your second. It could be black, white, buff, puffy cheeks or no. But that one, with puffy cheeks and chipmunk stripes, looks like *most* of the EE chicks I have seen...

Cuties!!!!!!!! Love chick pics!!!!!

Quote:
My chipmunk chicks are the EE, the silver-gray dorking pullets, and the speckled sussex. I cannot tell them apart, except for the one EE chick that SeaChick identified for me.
Now maybe you have a few more breeds for your list of possibilities!

I am a rookied but I try to identify chicks when people post pictures.

In your list you only mention 2 EE...but to me it looks like you have a half dozen or more brown chicks with the striping...like and EE or brown leghorn.

Am I missing something??

those are some cute lil chickies.yall are giving me the fever.but i have to wait till april 26th.

Back
Top Bottom