*CHICKS are HERE!!!* Egg Candling Pics: Progression Though Incubation

Pics
What a cutie! Congrats! Just leave him in there and don't open the bator to give the others the best chance to hatch. It'll use energy in the yolk for 2-3 days so no worries. Plus, it's cheeping can encourage the rest.

Just a bit worried as I have goose eggs in my bater as well and they are not due to hatch for another 14 days after chickens, what is best advice on humidity as a best of both worlds (chickens (21days) near hatching and geese (35 days) 2 weeks later).
Sorry if a stupid thing to do try and bator both but still new to this, but geese eggs are looking viable (with candling) so do i need to set them in a seperate bator?

Unfortunately, I can't help with waterfowl eggs. I do believe their incubation requirements do vary though and even with chicken eggs, staggered hatches are often not recommended but can be done.

Last edited:
Looks like I will have to sacrifice another picnic cooler box to make another bator for goose and duck eggs then. My goose is laying every 36 hrs at the min but still too cold here in Spain to let her sit. My ducks have yet to lay but as its their first year will let them off being pekin duck for a while.. will keep taking eggs from the goose until the 1st april as long as she keeps on laying regulary.

4 days
9 days
First two batches in my incubators

Back
Top Bottom