*CHICKS are HERE!!!* Egg Candling Pics: Progression Though Incubation

Pics
Ok, so I am having a problem with some eggs that I have. We bought an incubator (Not knowing that it was broken). I made one out of a plastic tub, sheets and a heat lamp. (Small cup of water included). The person we got the incubator from also gave us 12 eggs. They are at least 3 days old, and I cannot see a circle in the egg when candling. But it is like this with all twelve. We also got eggs from our own chickens but those are at most probably about 27 hours old at most. Not worried about those. But, are the ones that I currently have not fertile? Am I doing something wrong? This is my first batch of eggs, and I really want at least one... Any advice would be super helpful!

-Willow, Chicken crazed.

edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator:
OK I have a question. I have an egg that is at day 12 but looks like a day 10 egg. I put 2 eggs in the same day and the other seems to be on track. The one that looks like its a 10 day egg is cracked a little bit but I watched it for a few and its VERY active. Do I keep letting him go since hes active? He doesnt smell at all. Or just watch for development. I saw a post where someone had a cracked egg and put a lil glue over the crack and the chick came out fine.

OK I have a question. I have an egg that is at day 12 but looks like a day 10 egg. I put 2 eggs in the same day and the other seems to be on track. The one that looks like its a 10 day egg is cracked a little bit but I watched it for a few and its VERY active. Do I keep letting him go since hes active? He doesnt smell at all. Or just watch for development. I saw a post where someone had a cracked egg and put a lil glue over the crack and the chick came out fine.

I would paint that crack with a good layer of Elmer's glue and keep your eye on it. I have hatched plenty of cracked eggs. :)

Ok, so I am having a problem with some eggs that I have. We bought an incubator (Not knowing that it was broken). I made one out of a plastic tub, sheets and a heat lamp. (Small cup of water included). The person we got the incubator from also gave us 12 eggs. They are at least 3 days old, and I cannot see a circle in the egg when candling. But it is like this with all twelve. We also got eggs from our own chickens but those are at most probably about 27 hours old at most. Not worried about those. But, are the ones that I currently have not fertile? Am I doing something wrong? This is my first batch of eggs, and I really want at least one... Any advice would be super helpful!

-Willow, 15 year old. Chicken crazed.

Hi Willow,

I don't candle my eggs until the 8th day of incubation. I know how anxious one can get when the eggs are incubating. Just wait another 4-5 days, then do your candling. I wish you best of luck, and hope all your eggs hatch : )

Lual

I would paint that crack with a good layer of Elmer's glue and keep your eye on it. I have hatched plenty of cracked eggs.
smile.png

Thanks! I did a layer of glue just on the cracks. Hes a active little chick! Looks like it was trying to fly with as fast as he/she was moving haha Fingers crossed. He/she and their other egg buddy are due Dec 22nd. I have one due today/tomorrow. Its been rolling around ALOT today. Ive watching it and telling him to just Pip already!!! Im not a very patient person.
barnie.gif

These pictures were so incredibly helpful for me! I had no idea how old my eggs were until I candled them! Now I know the exact ages and approx. hatch time, thank you!

Back
Top Bottom