*CHICKS are HERE!!!* Egg Candling Pics: Progression Though Incubation

Pics
What is an eagle tac? That's what you used for candling?

It's just a flashlight brand. You can use any high output flashlight. I would recommend at least 300 lumens out the front.

Also, infertile or fertile eggs can explode IF they some how get bacteria inside. Eggs should be sterile inside and as long as nothing gets in, the pores in the shell should be small enough bacteria does not get in, and if let to sit out, will dry out.

I just candled three eggs that are on day 24. They are all quite well developed with solid black and the air bubble at the top.
I am hoping they are just late and that they will hatch in the next few days.
fl.gif

What if I can't see any movement in day 18 candling? Or internal pip? Should I still lock down? We have been incubating on a lower side 99.5 -100... I've seen it go down to 98-97 but idk how long but possibly over night. Also it's dropped when I open the bator. I have day 18 eggs looking good I think but no movement or internal pip. Also I have 3 day 10 eggs in same bator ( going to chance it) they are doing good. And we accidentally took a good egg out with the clear ones and my son cracked it open and it was alive and the heart was beating :/ it was sad :( but we live and learn. Should I still lock down? Even if I don't see movement or a pip? I hope I hatch baby's!!

I have one that I couldn't get a good pic of... It had an air cell. Started at same time as the others... But it is really dark inside. It is a "blue" shell... These others are cream color. I can't see veins, but everything else looks the same.

Back
Top Bottom