*CHICKS are HERE!!!* Egg Candling Pics: Progression Though Incubation

Pics
I circled the pip on that pic.

230_230_pip_4_copy.jpg

iv got 2 chickens a mixed chicken and a silky and my silky went broody so i got 5 different fital eggs off my mate they have 7 days to go i candled 1 of the and the llight dident come throw so there must be a baby chick in it
jumpy.gif
ya.gif
caf.gif
wb

*edited for members privacy*

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok first of all your chicks are soooooo cute I want to reach my hand through the screen and take your chicks. lol. And thanks for posting the pics they were GREAT! That info will help me cause I'm in 4_H. What breed of chicken are they? All I know is that they are as cute as a button!
smile.png

Quote:
One was a bantam cochin/EE cross and the others were bantam cochin/Japanese bantam cross...and thank you
big_smile.png
I have now rehomed all 4 boys and the 3 girls are doing well in my flock....laying and broody already!!!! Ugh lol.

Silkiechicken, thanks so much for the information. I had nothing hatch from my first incubator of eggs, on my second. Got up this am at day 21 and have my first pip! I am so excited and scared. I didn't know what to do. After reading your post, I know not to panic just yet. Oh I hope, I hope!!

Sher 1 Bearded Collie, 4 angus/hereford calves, 1 16-year-old cat, 55 chicks on the way because I didn't think mine would hatch and 1 pip!

SORRY, THIS IS A BIT OF TOPIC, BUT THIS IS AN ACTIVE POST! My hatch of Guineas has been a nite mare this time....everything looked good when I candled and temp was right and also humidity.BUT & hatched on their own and the others made the pip hole and that was all. So finally after the membrane was getting too dry, I dunked them in a little warm water and chipped away at the shell on 5 of them which are doing great this morning, thank goodness! BUT WHAT HAS HAPPENED TOO CAUSE THIS! This is my 4 hatching and never this problem before. I knew they were dying in the shell, so helping was the only thing I was comfortable with!

Back
Top Bottom