*CHICKS are HERE!!!* Egg Candling Pics: Progression Though Incubation

Pics
I am seeing something similar to what you called a blood island in my 3.5 day-old eggs. One or two of them have limb buds...but they're really tiny. And, with the brown eggs, I cant tell!! only with the white ones... Do you know why its developing so slowly, compared to yours??

Quote:
The wrapping on the bulbs has nothing to do with heat control, it was just so I didn't have to see the constant strobing that the lights gave off. LOL

The thermostat has very little histeresis, so the the thermostat turned the power on and off to the heat element(bulb) about 80 times a minute! It got annoying pretty quick.

Quote:
Sorry, never done quail. Only suggestion is more lumens focused at one point. A 1000lumen tube light is less useful than 100 lumens going out a dime sized hole.

Quote:
Sure thing! All I ask is that you put my name by the pictures.

ms.cluckling :

I am seeing something similar to what you called a blood island in my 3.5 day-old eggs. One or two of them have limb buds...but they're really tiny. And, with the brown eggs, I cant tell!! only with the white ones... Do you know why its developing so slowly, compared to yours??

If this is your first time with eggs, I wouldn't get worried about anything till day 10. You won't be able to see any limb buds without cracking the egg open. A limb bud is like a pimple or wart on the side of the embryo. At day 3.5, you shoud be just seeing the torso and head with veins from the middle.​

I'm new here and this was the first post i read. This was awesome. My chickens just started laying this week. We have raised them from chicks and I was excited to see the eggs in the coop this week.

My husband and I are talking about creating a little hatchery this spring.

These pictures are extremely helpful in seeing what we should be looking for when the time comes.

Thank you so much for posting!

Sarah

Totally agree with Sarah, this will be a great resource for me as I stumble through my first incubation. The pictures and descriptions will be very valuable.....

thank you

Hello, I am new to this forum... and to incubating chicken eggs. I have 5 day's worth(5 groups) of eggs in our Little Giant Incubator, 43 eggs total. Group 1 has been in for 19 days so far.. some of the eggs, when "candled"(no turning whatsoever), are impassible to light. Others in the same group have a good 1/4 of the egg that light passes through.... are these one's that died part way through? or are they runts?

right now i have 8 eggs in the incubator the moms are white legghorns and the dad is a black australorp... does any one know what thy will look like?
ha im surprised that they havnt died yet!
big_smile.png

right now i have 8 eggs in the incubator the moms are white legghorns and the dad is a black australorp... does any one know what thy will look like?
ha im surprised that they havnt died yet!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom