*CHICKS are HERE!!!* Egg Candling Pics: Progression Though Incubation

Pics
http://www.bigappleherp.com/REPTILE-SUPPLIES/Ceramic-Bulbs

Nice photos - a suggestion instead of worrying about cheap bulbs burning out - ceramic bulbs last forever. I've been using mine for several years on and off. They just keep going and no bright light emitted - they are opaque. Cute chicks. Also, table top resin can waterproof without doing 15 layers of painting. Beautiful work though!

Gallatea.....Thanks for putting the sight on here showing what a ceramic light it and basically where to get one. I was going to ask but then noticed the sight. I really appreciate when others post suggestions for things I haven't thought of and things that might be better to use. THANKS !!!

That was really awesome that you took the time to share this with us and given me ideas of what to ask for, for my anniversary,
smile.png

I had a clean hatch too, although only 3 of the 24 eggs I set, hatched and survived, they were all clean hatches - I was waiting for the mess I've read on hatches but was fortunate to not have any of that - just clean chicks with some blood trace in the shells, that's it.

Great job, thanks again for putting this up for the rest of us...

Thanks for this thread. It's my first time incubating, as well as letting my broodies hatch a few, too. It's day 11.

I candled last night and tonight. Last night I wasn't sure what I was seeing, and was pretty sure I have 12 of 14 eggs developing in the bator, but only 1 of 3 under the broodies. I double-checked the incubator eggs tonight, and confirmed what I saw last night. Tonight I even saw one of the embryos kick. Very cool!

I'll candle the broody eggs again tomorrow night.

This is such a great thread. I learned a lot!
smile.png

Thanks for this post!! I will be candling my first set ever on sunday, and this site will give me such a good reference. It will be day 10, so I'm hoping to see some movement!!
fl.gif
I just have a couple of questions. It may sound silly, but are you holding the flashlight and the egg in 1 hand? Will a regular household flashlight work, or do I need a very bright one?

Back
Top Bottom