Chicks are lost in the mail. :( USPS has no idea where they are.

Yup lol those are lincoln logs.... i was like why waste $$$ on buying one when my kids have lincoln logs ? lol i got my chicks from chickensforbackyards.com im so happy they all arrived healthy and safely.. no fatalities.. i would of been sad if one wouldnt of made it.
Me too!

My BCM's are coming from a member on here. We have a horrible post office here. I hope things go right. At least it isn't so cold here anymore and in 3 weeks when they come it should not be cold at all. Who knows though with crazy winter we are having. I want summer to come. I know it will be warm and stay warm then. :)

I'm getting a list together of things to have on hand to give them when they come. These are the only chicks of all that I am getting that are being shipped. So glad the rest are pick up.

Me too!

My BCM's are coming from a member on here. We have a horrible post office here. I hope things go right. At least it isn't so cold here anymore and in 3 weeks when they come it should not be cold at all. Who knows though with crazy winter we are having. I want summer to come. I know it will be warm and stay warm then. :)

I'm getting a list together of things to have on hand to give them when they come. These are the only chicks of all that I am getting that are being shipped. So glad the rest are pick up.
I think i got lucky this week.. from missouri to arizona 60 degrees+ weather.. maybe thats why i had no fatalities? i feel lucky.. im glad mine shipped after last weeks storm..

LingaB

I have chicks that were sent yesterday. They left Cleveland, OH about 8pm last night and no update since then. I'm SOOOOO nervous! They aren't supposed to be here until Thursday! Meyer sent them 3-day priority! I would totally have paid overnight had I known.

How long can they be in the mail with no food or water? These are my first chickens ever!

Well how have your chicks been? They should be growing at a pretty fast rate by now... Mine are now 8-1/2 weeks old and are getting really big....

Mine were the same thing....8pm in Ohio last night, not scheduled to deliver until late Wednesday. Got a call while I was eating lunch today that they were ready to pick up! Not in my hometown, as I was expecting, but a half hour away. Not a bad drive.
I was very surprised. Your chicks could be "early" as well. My shipping info still shows very old information, and the chicks are basking under a heat lamp in my kitchen.

Last edited:
If you are having chicks shipped in, have some Poultry Nutri-Drench on hand. The 4 oz. bottle is
plenty to get them started and only 6.99 at Tractor Supply. If they are out of that, you can substitute
Pet Nutri-Drops by the same company. They can both be used with the sam usage and dosage
instructions in the URL below, per a conversation with the science techs at Bovidr labs who make
both formulas. The advantage of these formulas over electrolytes and other helps is that the Bovidr
products do not need to be digested. They mainline directly into the bloodstream 50% uptake in
10-15 minutes. 99% uptake in 30 minutes. I use the 2cc per gallon dosage in my chicks water or the
1st 2 weeks to get thm off to a strong start. For more info see:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/746509/how-to-deal-with-travel-stress-in-baby-chicks
Best Success,
Karen and the Light Sussex
in western PA

Mine also left Cleveland last night about 8 and went to Nashville (checked in there at 8AM this morning). I got a call from a not so local Post Office from a nice man saying chicks were there and I could come get them (about 60 miles away) or he would put the chicks on the truck to our local PO and it would be tomorrow to pick them up. No question we were on our way to pick chickies up asap. They came from My Pet Chicken but sadly one baby was dead, the other 8 seem very strong and hearty. They were only about 24 hrs in shipping, cannot imagine what 3 days would do to such fragile little things. One interesting thing on the tracking is it shows them at the post office that we went and picked them up from but it then shows them being "delivered" to our local post office... where they never went to. I doesn't really matter except shows tracking info sure can be misleading.
Our first chicks.....yeah
smile.png

Well, sad to join this thread....an order of 25 chicks was scheduled to arrive via USPS at 3pm today in California and no dice. Called USPS and the package is lost--the last record is departing Maryland last night, but no receiving post office has scanned the package in today. Paid premium for Priority Overnight 1 day Guaranteed shipping to have the chicks in <24 hours--and the package has disappeared into thin air! Spent 2 hours today on the phone with USPS starting with the local office, then the customer service lines. Went to the local PO and they looked over the whole facility and didn't find the package.

I've been up since 3am since I was so excited to get the babies today! I've been waiting years to get these special Welsummers and Ameracaunas...my only consolation is that it seems like chicks can live in the mailed box for 2-3 days, so these guys still have a fighting chance...if only someone would notice the peeping box somewhere, where ever it is, and scan it in like it's supposed to be!

Thanks for the tips--I will head out to the supply store in the am, in the hopes that Nutri-Drench might help once they *hopefully* arrive.

Sending all my hopes and wishes out to the lost chicks out there!

Great news! They found the package this morning and I successfully picked up the chicks at the local post office. Whew, what a relief, I'd really been stressed out about this!!!

All 26 chicks (Welsummers, Blue/Splash Ameraucanas, Marans x Ameraucana Olive eggers) are alive and well, scooting around the brooder and eating and drinking with gusto. One little dark silver one is smaller than the others, not as zippy and has a bit of a wide-legged stance, so I'm keeping an eye on her/him (s/he is eating and drinking). I'm so happy these guys are safe and sound in their new home :)

Good luck to all those searching for their shipments!!!

Back
Top Bottom