Chicks are not developing

brettp36

Chirping
Mar 31, 2018
I candled my eggs and saw that they have developed but I saw no movement. Now it is day 21 and can’t hear anything from the eggs but they have piped. I don’t know if the eggs have just cracked from a lot of movement or they have actually piped.

Chicks will pip and sit that way for around 24 hours as they absorb the remaining yolk and blood that has been running through the veins in the membrane. So there's nothing to worry about at this stage - they are doing just what they are supposed to do. Just be patient (which seems to get harder to do once those eggs pip). :thumbsup

I candled my eggs and saw that they have developed but I saw no movement. Now it is day 21 and can’t hear anything from the eggs but they have piped. I don’t know if the eggs have just cracked from a lot of movement or they have actually piped.
What's your temp and humidity? You say they cracked from a lot of movement? If they have pipped, just leave the bator closed so you don't loose the humidity. Usually they rest for awhile after pipping, before they start zipping.

I already have a rooster but do you think if I get another rooster in this peep will they fight?

I'm not sure - we are stuck in suburbia at the moment so no roos for us. I think it will depend on your roosters personality as to whether he will allow young cockerels around. If they grow up as part of the flock you have a better chance of them being tolerated than if you tried to introduce another roo. Hopefully someone else can advise you there.

9D9003EB-7001-44D5-8E97-58B616E12EEB.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom