Chicks are on their way!

Hotelclepto

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jan 24, 2013
Well our very first chicks are on their way. After a bit of research We ordered from Cackle Hatchery in Lebanon, MO. I liked that they are family owned and operated since 1936. I read the whole history of their company before ordering. Anyhow our 3 Buff Orpingtons and 3 Barred Plymouths were hatched and shipped out yesterday and should be here tomorrow morning. We are so excited and can't wait. I'm really hopeing they all make it as its very cold right now and they have had quite a long trip. Alot more nervous than I thought I would be. I've got the brooder set up and ready just anxious now. Good luck to all of u :)

New chicks!
woot.gif
! Congratulations! Cackle is a good outfit! Have fun with your babies!

Redsoxs thanks! :) nice to hear positive feed back about Cackle. @ ChickenCrazy ill be sure to give a review on Cackle. What I can tell you now is that their customer service is impeccable. They were very patient and answered all my "newbie" questions without making me feel like an idiot ;) they were also very knowledgable and extremely nice.

Hi Chickencrazy :) they all made it safe and sound and with happy cheeps. I posted a picture in a new thread called chicken babies are here. I would highly recommend Cackle. I also replied to a thread with a review of Cackle...called what's your favorite Hatchery and why.
Thanks for asking :)

Last edited:
Thanks! I'm sure your post office will call u when the cuties arrive. If your worried just show up when they open ;). Good luck. Cackle is Great. I think you'll be very happy :)

So excited (and jealous
smile.png
) for you...cant wait till we get ours! This is our first time and we too were looking at Cackle Hatchery...glad to hear it went well. I think you just made my decision for me! All pullets? How were you able to order 6? Just curious...and how long does it take your "order" to ship?

I just ordered pullets. They sell chicks in three's, fives, or tens all of the same breed which is why I got three and three. It's called a city town pullet special and they also have small special order. It's quite a significant price difference from ordering 15 but that's because they have to pack them differently to keep them safe since there are so few. Might be a little more for shipping too? The smaller order options are for people who live in a city that will only allow them so many or for people like me who only have enough room for so many. Here is the description from the Cackle website
Need only a few chicks instead of our regular 15-25 minimum chick orders?
These 13 options are designed for needs of just a few pullets - no roosters OR your city restricts the number of chickens OR You only want a few chickens!
The higher cost for these 13 options are because of special shipping requirements needed to ship a small amount of birds.

-The chick specials also include FREE Mareks vaccination-
The poultry in these specials are shipped at one day of age, the chicks arrive at your post office at 2-3 days of age.

You can go to the website an on the left hand side, there is a blue tab that says
City-town pullet special. Click on that and u can see prices.

The birds were hatched on Monday and shipped out on Monday. They arrived first thing Wednesday morning. Cackle ships priority mail on Mondays and Wednesdays I believe. It usually takes two days depending on where u live. Good Luck! I doubt very much that you will be disappointed with Cackle. :)

They have a great website with tons of info.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom