chicks arrived all dead

Quote:
Mine, too! I'm really thinking of asking them to hold off shipping mine!

I know what you mean. I am starting to think that might be a good idea myself. When I actually placed the order (quite some time ago) it was looking like we would be warming slowly up like normal. That was before the massive ice storm.

ideal sayed i could order replacements or credit on account . i have ordered from them before they are great to do business with

Quote:
Will Ideal push the date back for you? You may be ok where you are so close to the hatchery.

I'm not so sure about that. I know I live much closer to Ideal than luvmychicknkids is (I'm only 6 hrs. away) and my chicks shipped on a Wednesday and didn't arrive till Friday. The USPS doesn't necessarily ship their mail "as the crow flies".

Quote:
Will Ideal push the date back for you? You may be ok where you are so close to the hatchery.

I think they would change the date if I asked them....so far, they have seemed very nice and helpful. I was thinking the same thing though about the location....I may just wait a few days and see what the weather decides to do.

Quote:

I think they would change the date if I asked them....so far, they have seemed very nice and helpful. I was thinking the same thing though about the location....I may just wait a few days and see what the weather decides to do.

I know they were really good with me about it last year. I pushed the date back from mid-March to April and finally until May because I wasn't comfortable about the weather.

Mine are suppose to hatch 2-18-2009, I have about 75 chicks coming. Do ya'll think mine would be ok to South Georgia or should I wait a bit also.
Leslie

I had some bad luck with this weeks shipment too. Two arrived dead and most seemed sickly. I was only able to salvage 5 of the 15. Wouldn't you know it only 1 warmer arrived sickly and they all survived. Will Ideal let you pick a warmer ship date for replacements?

mine were shipped on the 4th and still have not arrived and i'm near st. louis, now i am real worried. at least it warmed up some. but i am expecting dead chicks in the morning, if they show up.

I am waiting until EOM march before ordering, better chances of no mishaps. sorry for yours.

Back
Top Bottom