Chicks born with insides on the outside

kentuckychickenmomma

In the Brooder
11 Years
Dec 27, 2008
I know this sounds really gross. But we have had several chicks born this hatch with their insides on the outside. They are for the most part , still living. We have had maybe one or two in the year and a half that we have been hatching , but NEVER like this . We first thought it was one certain bread , but then we had a little RIR that the same thing happened to this mornig. Does anyone know what causes this? Is it something that we can control? I was thinking maybe the eggs were saved too long , or maybe these were not saved point down or something , but I just dont know anymore. I know for sure we had 5 that are RIR and White Leghorn mixes that have this problem ,and only one full stock RIR . Please help if anybody knows what causes this and what we can do, if anything..

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!
barnie.gif

Temps and Hum. are fine , been the same with all the hatches for a year. These chicks end up dying , I will try to get some pics on here , but I am sure these are not the yolk, we have had that before and this looks just like a worm , and a liver only smaller. It is strange looking , just like intestines have been squeezed out. Why would it be more of one breed than the other , mater of fact , the one RIR that this happened to is actually fine now , I do belive that was just the cord. These other are more bloody looking tissue , worm looking , and some a HUGE lump of things , I am almost 110% sure it is the insides .

We wash the bator out after each hatch really well. I am dumb founded.. Thanks to all of you who have answered us.. It gives us something to go by

The yolk has probably already been ruptured, that is why you have the insides coming out. Sorry to hear this, they won't make it.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom