Chicks, Buff Orpington vs Red sex link pics added

LoneCowboy

Songster
12 Years
Aug 26, 2007
Longmont, CO
Guestion. I have 11 Red Sex link chicks, and 1 buff orpington. Problem is, I can't tell them apart. I have no idea which one is the buff. So I thought I'd ask the experts, what do I look for in the two different breeds as they grow to tell them apart? I have a lady who want's the buff at 7 weeks old. I need to be able to tell the difference by then. Can somebody help me?
idunno.gif

Last edited:
Sometimes red sex links will have a yellow color to there legs. The buff Orpingtons have a white or pastie white leg. Could you post any pictures?

I actually have 51 chick's in all. So it's a little hard to single out the reds and the buff.

The white leg info is very helpful. I'll check that out when I go out to the brooder in the morning. I knew there had to be something different.

They both have single combs so that didn't help either.

Ok, is this my buff? I read what you all said, and I think this might be the one. She's none to happy about being brought into the house for her photo opportunity. But the cat was sure interested.
big_smile.png

BUFF1.jpg

BUFF2.jpg

BUFF3.jpg

Last edited:
That is what she/he looks like to me ...looks to be pale white/pink legs...if they turn more yellow, probably a buff rock....

Back
Top Bottom