Chicks can't stand up?

g8rgirl92

Hatching
9 Years
Jul 1, 2010
sad.png
I have two baby bantam chicks ( first timers) and they keep falling over, nor are they all fluffy. Is this normal? One is 24 hrs hatched and the other is about 6 hrs hatched. Still in bator, plenty warm...help

They will be okay. Sometimes chicks are weak when they hatch and in a few days they will be up walking. If the humidity is high in the incubator then they will not get fluffed up.

They are so darn pitifull, they keep falling over on their back and look like little bugs, peeping and legs doing bicycle exercises.
lol.png

I didn't know if I should try to split their legs via bandaid to help them stand up. I took the newspaper out and they are on the small wire. I will take the water out, had it in their for the last little hatcher. I was going to get some polyvitamins to give a boost as well.

Can you tell this is my first time!

One of my last hatches was like this.....almost wondered if it was premature.....very little, very weak
legs spradling, the other chicks pecking it.I put it in a small clear container with a papertowel in the bottom. The other chicks could not peck it.but it could see its' buddies...............thought it was going to die but after about three days it was fine................now a week old and although smaller, is holding it's own with the big kids.
Do I have to tell you it is my favorite and occasionally is in my pocket while I do house work
big_smile.png

Good luck, just give it some time...........

Back
Top Bottom