Chicks cant walk //HELP//

fatimastic

Songster
Aug 26, 2020
Pakistan
My 4 month old chicks can’t walk! They have weak legs and can’t even sit on them.
Our 2 old hens had this issue. I gave them vitamin B complex and zinc and fed them egg yolks and they were good to go the next day.
But these two are really sick. They get better after i give them the vitamins and then lay on their side again after an hour or so.
They still seem to have a bit of energy and its the 2nd day I’ve been giving them vitamins and they still have the same condition as I found them in. Not worse but not better either.
A few times i thought they were dead because of how they were laying but after touching them I heard chirps and they moved.
Please help @Eggcessive @Wyorp Rock

Attachments

• CCDD768E-2CEC-4AFE-832D-7F936085DA46.jpeg
    CCDD768E-2CEC-4AFE-832D-7F936085DA46.jpeg
    494.3 KB · Views: 73
Zinc should be stopped, it's vitamin e you want. 400i.u vitamin e and a third of a B complex tablet, every day.
It can take several weeks on vitamins for them to perk back up.
They look wet/greasy, are they?

Zinc should be stopped, it's vitamin e you want. 400i.u vitamin e and a third of a B complex tablet, every day.
They are wet because they spilled some water and the bedding is now damp and also since they cant move so they are sitting on/near their droppings.

I’ll start with the vitamin e and b complex right away.
Right now the red one looks like its barely even alive…

I have this specifically for chickens.
How should I give them ?
Its 50,000 i.u

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    367.4 KB · Views: 5
Ah, ok
I've never seem that before but it says you put it in their water, it's too strong to be giving any other way. Maybe 1 drop in some egg yolks to get them to eat.
Okay I’ll give it to them right away. I usually share the egg yolk in half and feed it to both of them.

What do you think about how much the dosage should be for this?

Attachments

• 6544AA9B-8353-4C4E-9A9C-62B55A40DE7A.jpeg
    6544AA9B-8353-4C4E-9A9C-62B55A40DE7A.jpeg
    434.9 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom