1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicks dig Johnny Cash

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ChickyLove, Jun 9, 2011.

1. ChickyLove

ChickyLove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Springfield, MA.
    Today is an incredibly hot day. Humid to boot, so here we all are stuck inside. Me, my five year old little girl and three very wound up chicks - who all seem to think that their breakfast included some sort of caffeine. Finally, after hours of play-doh for the girl, coffee for me, play time for the chicks, and some wailing on all our parts I'd had enough! I tossed Johnny Cash's album for kids into the cd player and cranked. Within moments everything was quiet. VERY VERY quiet. Upon investigation, I find my little girl quietly singing along in front of the chick's bin... and there are all three chicks bopping along! Doing high leg up-pulls and just moving their little heads. Who'da thunk?! I now know the secret to keeping everyone happy. Johnny Cash and coffee. [​IMG] Praise heavens I have some peace finally!

2. pgpoultry

pgpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    Wales
    Chickens like my Led Zeppelin too.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by