Chicks door auto shut cheap?

Chicona

Songster
May 22, 2022
So found these really cheap but saw in a book once about a coop door killing chickens in the doorway

Is this one of them ? Or wil it work I don’t want to buy expensive ones as I have 10coops to open on an allotment I don’t really want to spend 600 quid on em but 180 on alibaba seems doable
Click hereREALw_wcB

So found these really cheap but saw in a book once about a coop door killing chickens in the doorway

Is this one of them ? Or wil it work I don’t want to buy expensive ones as I have 10coops to open on an allotment I don’t really want to spend 600 quid on em but 180 on alibaba seems doable
Click hereREALw_wcB
I was looking at these automatic doors recently as I’d really like one too, I stumbled across this one on eBay and noticed it was a really low price so was going to buy it, all of the reviews said that it either didn’t work or broke after a few weeks. There were a few positive reviews but the majority were negative. So I’d probably avoid that one 😕

Click hereREALw_wcB
#1- Deals that are too good to be true are likely too good to be true.

#2- I see absolutely no safety features. Mine lowers the door on a string, so if a chicken is in the doorway, they won't get crushed. This one appears to directly push down the door, likely using gears that won't stop if something is in the way. I wouldn't trust it.

If you do go ahead and get it, then I'd put a small branch in it and close it. If it will crunch the branch, it will crunch a chicken.

Click hereREALw_wcB
I have a run chicken door that I have been using for about a year and a helf and have had to problems with it. You can also set the timer with your phone on their app if you need it to open or close at a different time than the factory setting which is 20 minutes after dusk and 20 minutes after sun set. As far as it smashing chickens goes if something is in the way of the door it stops closing and re-opens.

Click hereREALw_wcB
I ordered and put in my coop 2 months ago the Ortis Automatic Coop Door that I got on Amazon for a hundred dollars. I love it and have not had any issues. It has a sensor on it so that it can not fall on the chickens.

I know you asked for cheap auto door, but let me just say I have used the Pullet-shut for years. I bought it about 7 years ago, and I have never had a problem with it. Yes, it’s not cheap (about $190 now) but we’ll worth it’s cost. I have the complete package. Solar charger connected to battery, with the sensor for day/night. I never have to reset it as the sensor works perfectly.
only maintenance needed is a little oil to gears every 6 months or so.
my girls free range daily, and I cannot always be here to physically close or open the coop. I truly believe if you buy cheap you may end up with more of a headache in the end.
good luck, and try calling them and see if you can get a “bulk discount”. They are out of Texas, so completely worth a try.

I have a run chicken door that I have been using for about a year and a helf and have had to problems with it. You can also set the timer with your phone on their app if you need it to open or close at a different time than the factory setting which is 20 minutes after dusk and 20 minutes after sun set. As far as it smashing chickens goes if something is in the way of the door it stops closing and re-opens.
Looking. What brand do you have and what is the most extreme weather it which you have it operating?

Looking. What brand do you have and what is the most extreme weather it which you have it operating?
It's called Run Chicken, you can buy it off of Amazon but it's cheaper on their website. I live in Texas, but we do get into the negatives with snow (just depends how bipolar the weather is that year) the only time I had issues with it opening is when we had rain that turned into freezing rain then ice, I had to give it an upward nudge to get it going but it was fine after that.

Click hereREALw_wcB
Beware of the imposters/copy cats/imitators/"counterfeit" of the Run-Chicken brand door. The original door is made of metal, while the "counterfeit" ones are made of plastic and smaller motors. This info is presented from all the reviews I have read on these doors. I can honestly says that I have, at least, read several hundred reviews. The Run-Chicken and Ador doors are two of few commercially produced doors that I actually like. So, I take the time to read on them.

Disclaimer: I always advocate for making your own door with a linear actuator. You can add a safety feature at time of install or later. So I may never buy a commercially produced door. But I do see why other may want/need to. That's why put some effort into researching those doors.

The doors that have copied the Run-Chicken brand, most, seem to think that the logo is a bad effort in making a silhouette of a chicken, so they "correct" that. In doing that they give themselves away since it is NOT a silhouette of a chicken, it is the depiction of the creators Country of origin. Slovenia. So, again, beware of the imitators. They are cheaper versions.

Original:
61ga-WP1+ZL._AC_SL1327_ (2).jpg
ScreenHunter 0117 2022-09-30 10.34.jpg

Copies:

ScreenHunter 0116 2022-09-30 10.17.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom