Chicks eating corn on the cobb

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by SteveBaz, Sep 6, 2011.

1. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    Easy way to feed the girls corn;

2. Chick1043

Chick1043 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Oooh my girls LOVE that stuff!! It makes me happy feeding it to them!!! lol [​IMG]

3. Patricia Jane

Patricia Jane Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2010
    Petaluma CA
    Quote:Thats a great idea. Going to have corn on the cob for tomorrows dinner. I'll try it. Thanks for sharing.

4. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    Quote:I know I'm a chick nut after 30 days. OMG! Acually I fell in love with it the day we brought em' home. [​IMG]

I make a little extra rice, pasta corn and things like beans. I cook them a bit longer to make it extra soft for the girls. They love it in a dish and to make sure theycome to me for love the dish is alway in the same spot so I know when they come to me its really for my attention. I love it when they sit on the fence now because they are not allowed on the people side.

Steve

5. Chick1043

Chick1043 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Quote:I know I'm a chick nut after 30 days. OMG! Acually I fell in love with it the day we brought em' home. [​IMG]

I make a little extra rice, pasta corn and things like beans. I cook them a bit longer to make it extra soft for the girls. They love it in a dish and to make sure theycome to me for love the dish is alway in the same spot so I know when they come to me its really for my attention. I love it when they sit on the fence now because they are not allowed on the people side.

Steve

Haha! I use to HATE chickens!! Have no idea why! lol And then I decided to get a couple chicks. Now I have 5 pullets, 1 hen, and 5 chicks! lol And love them a lot!

6. lorain's fids

lorain's fids Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    New Jersey
    My chicks LOVE corn on the cob! That's a good idea the way you gave them the corn and I think the next time I feed the chicks corn I will give the corn to them standing upright.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by