Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Golden Laced Wyandotte

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Silver Laced Wyandotte

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Barred Plymouth Rock

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
Meyer’s has a section of Meyer Hatchery Exclusives. I always think it’s fun to try and add a few unique breeds based on hatchery. I ordered Meyer’s Blue Polish & Wheaten Olive Egger this fall and both pullets are so friendly. Have you considered any other coloring of Orpington than buff? My spring order has a chocolate Orpington in it — they definitely are the golden retrievers of chickens!

Meyer’s has a section of Meyer Hatchery Exclusives. I always think it’s fun to try and add a few unique breeds based on hatchery. I ordered Meyer’s Blue Polish & Wheaten Olive Egger this fall and both pullets are so friendly. Have you considered any other coloring of Orpington than buff? My spring order has a chocolate Orpington in it — they definitely are the golden retrievers of chickens!
These are just the breeds that I considered ordering at first thought but will look at that and see what there is in the exclusives.

I have four!!

Jack - Black Australorp x Rhode Island Red cross
Buddy - Rhode Island Red
Diego - Silver Laced Wyandotte - He might not be here come spring because he is being very aggressive
Bucky - I decided to keep him because of Diego - Golden Comet
Do you have a rooster? If you do you should hatch chicks.

I have four!!

Jack - Black Australorp x Rhode Island Red cross
Buddy - Rhode Island Red
Diego - Silver Laced Wyandotte - He might not be here come spring because he is being very aggressive
Bucky - I decided to keep him because of Diego - Golden Comet
Wow! I have one Barred Rock rooster. I want to try to use him to breed chicks with one of my Buff Orpington hens next spring. His name is Rocky. He got sick last week and almost died, but I saved him. Which one of your boys do you like the best?🐔

Wow! I have one Barred Rock rooster. I want to try to use him to breed chicks with one of my Buff Orpington hens next spring. His name is Rocky. He got sick last week and almost died, but I saved him. Which one of your boys do you like the best?🐔

Listing my males here because we seem to be talking about this:

Phoenix - Cochin/Ameraucana hybrid rooster; presumably old in age.
Jasper - Old English Game Bantam mix cockerel.
Slate - Cochin Bantam cockerel.
Winter - Buff-Laced Polish cockerel.
Orchid - Speckled Sussex cockerel.

I personally love Jack! 🥰🐓❤️ Even though he sounds so bad when he crows! 😂 I tell myself that he will get better as he grows and continues to practice. 🥰 Practice makes perfect right!

Back
Top Bottom