Chicks from MM

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Minniechickmama, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    I got a batch of chicks from MM hatchery this weekend. I am very happy with what I get from them, have used them several times now. But I do not like one thing, and that is when they ship their chicks out. Now, last year I received a message stating that they had to change their hatch/ship day due to something with their local post office. I have gone to the hub for our post office and picked up chicks every time I get called because 1.) am anxious to get them and 2.) I know the sooner I go get them, the better their chances will be of surviving once they get here. However, it bothers my husband that they have to wait at the hub if I don't pick them up. So, I sent a message to them and told them I had received them and that I think it would be wise to go back to shipping them on Monday rather than the chicks sitting in a post office or PO hub somewhere over the weekend. They now are shipping on Fridays and I have gotten called both last year and this that my chicks were at the hub if I wanted to pick them up or if I wanted to leave them they would be delivered to my PO on Monday.
    I got a reply from MM stating that they have always done it the way they are doing it now.
    Am I imagining things because I have a pretty incredible memory for things and I don't recall this being their operating procedure until last year.
    Anyone else recall them changing their shipping dates last year?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: