Chicks from Tractor Supply..Help

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Country Living Farm, May 6, 2009.

1. Country Living Farm

Country Living Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Florida
    Ok, I was give three bantam chicks and 3 chicks that are white. As the white ones grow I am hoping to figure out what they are. As far as the bantam , does anyone have any idea what breeds TS sells? I will post pictues of the chicks later.

2. Hens_And_Chicks

Hens_And_Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Ohio
    someone said Old English & Easter Eggers - I don't know for certain. I bought two - one has black - gold laced feathers and is doing well and the Easter Egger just never thrived - last night it was just sitting in one place looking lathargic - this morning it was gone [​IMG] I do not know why - it just never really grew or thrived at all. They were 4 weeks old. I think they get their chicks from Mt Healthy Hatchery - if that is the one in Cincinnati or close Ohio.

3. mommyp

mommyp Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2007
    Vestal
    I also got 6 banties from TS. They do come from MT. Healthy. I just talked to a rep from MT. Healthy and she said the varieties are,Old English, Mille Fleur, Black and White Silkies, Golden Seabright(I got 2 of those) and possibly some Cochins. I have 4 i can't identify. I'm hoping once all their feathers come in it will be easier. Do any of these match what you have? I hope this helps.

4. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    the 3 white are probably white rocks. I have 6 of those.

5. Country Living Farm

Apr 18, 2009
    Florida
    I am hoping they are white rocks. I have two as the third die several months ago for some reason. They are 4-6 week old as well.

Tks

6. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    Our TSC gets chicks from Mt Healthy - go to their website to see what kind of chickens they sell and that might narrow it down for you.

7. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
  8. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    my tsc got white leghorns from Mt Healthy

9. Country Living Farm

Apr 18, 2009
    Florida
    Ok, just got home and took another look at them. The white ones are White Rocks. As for the other three I do not know. Getting to dark to take a picture though. They look brownish with a black stripe by the eyes. I was told they were bantam but the person got them from TS and they get them from Mt. Healthy and their web site does not show Bantam's????? Any more help.

10. Bluemoon420

Bluemoon420 The Rooster Queen

Quote:Just looked on Mt. Healthy site, and they sure aren't showing bantams. One of the boxes that you click on for breeds of chickens is blank, so I'm assuming they pulled it off for some reason.

Do the bantams you have, have feathers on their legs? If so, they might be cochins. Maybe silkies.
    I know OEG bantams was one of the breeds they had. Sebrights also. Those don't have feathers on their legs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by