1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicks getting to my head: Blue Silky Bantams

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Steergirl, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Steergirl

Steergirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston Area
    Ok this whole chick thing is hitting me like a freight train! Now I am thinking of getting Bantams to keep more as pets and let my others deal with the egg laying. If it weren't for the fact that from mypetchicken.com my minimum order is 7 for banty chicks I would have an invoice from mypetchicken.com in my inbox! HELP [​IMG]

*Edited to fix smilie.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  2. pharmchickrnmom

pharmchickrnmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    There is no cure for this addiction. Besides, bantams count as only half a regular chicken so you could add some bantams to your flock! I hatched out some silkies for pets and the little fuzzy butts are two weeks old and so darn cute! Look:

[​IMG]

How cute is this:

[​IMG]

Have I enabled you into getting some yet?[​IMG]

3. Steergirl

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston Area
    Quote:Unfortunately I think you did! Does anyone know of a place that has low minimum orders like mypetchicken.com that sells sexed Blue Silky Bantams? I know I want them but are hesitating on getting them since I want 3 not 7 lol. [​IMG]

4. Steergirl

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston Area
    I cracked!! The invoice is in my inbox and I have 7 silky bantams that will be here sometime in July, good thing I have chicks right now to keep me entertained!

5. Emmalion

Emmalion Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    Western Massachusetts
    YAY babies!!!!

I wanted some silkies and I know of a breeder around me somewhere just have to remember where that I might get some eggs from. [​IMG]

6. NorthTexaschick

NorthTexaschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Denton area
    Madsen, those babies are GORGEOUS![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by