Chicks hatched to early, help!

roamingchick

Songster
6 Years
May 15, 2014
Steuben County NY
I have two chicks that hatched early, they laid still all day yesterday absorbing I thought this morning they would be ok, instead they are chirping like crazy laying on their backs/sides not getting up or walking but acting like they can't roll over onto their feet. Bellies looked close now in navel area? I don't know what to do for them? Anyone have this happen to them?

I have two chicks that hatched early, they laid still all day yesterday absorbing I thought this morning they would be ok, instead they are chirping like crazy laying on their backs/sides not getting up or walking but acting like they can't roll over onto their feet. Bellies looked close now in navel area? I don't know what to do for them? Anyone have this happen to them?
Can you get pictures of them, and their navel area? I don't have much experience, but the 3 chicks I've had with navel problems all took a little longer than usual to rest up. Pictures would help a lot too :)
Most of the time, all you can do in this situation is leave them alone and allow them to heal. Sometimes they make it, and sometimes they don't.

Ok so here are some pics hope you can see them took them with not so great light and iPod, they are my silkie crosses, from my birds... Why did this happen?? I pray they make it!

Chick 1

Chick 2

Dip their beaks immediately. Twice.
Do not dip past the nostril vents or they will drown.
If they have a Chance, this will raise the bar.Hurry.

Ok dipped their beaks they drank and I put them back in bator... I pray that soon they will be upright... I worry because their navels are not looking any different then this morning. I am hoping they are fighters!!

They are tough!
Their navels are fine. I am concerned about their internal organs during dehydration.
They can pull through.
Some chicks hatch early because the incubator was slightly too hot. Did you have a mixed selection of chicks in the inubator?

Yes they was only two Banty chicks rest are blrw and not due for hatch until tomorrow, but my bator is still air I did buy a fan to install in it hoping that will prevent this from ever happening again. These 2 hatched on day 19 :(

Back
Top Bottom