CHICKS HATCHING! NEED ADVICE! URGENTLY!

Maybe you can soak some paper towels in hot water and wring them out, then place the damp crumpled towels in that plastic container next to the eggs. It should not touch the eggs. If you have a makeshift cover for that plastic tub that would hold humidity better, but I guess the heat from the lamp wouldnt get to them then. I would also have the eggs touching each other. They are prolly starting to generate their own heat now too, and they'd encourage each other when they hear each other pecking the shells(That's been my experience). I wouldnt mist them with cold water because it might chill them, use warm (not hot) water if you want to mist them, but humidity from the paper towels is prolly better. You can even place the damp wet paper towels near (but not touching) the eggs.

Maybe you can soak some paper towels in hot water and wring them out, then place the damp crumpled towels in that plastic container next to the eggs. It should not touch the eggs. If you have a makeshift cover for that plastic tub that would hold humidity better, but I guess the heat from the lamp wouldnt get to them then. I would also have the eggs touching each other. They are prolly starting to generate their own heat now too, and they'd encourage each other when they hear each other pecking the shells(That's been my experience). I wouldnt mist them with cold water because it might chill them, use warm (not hot) water if you want to mist them, but humidity from the paper towels is prolly better. You can even place the damp wet paper towels near (but not touching) the eggs.

image.jpg

i have that :)

The paper towel in the tub looks like its under water. Can you soak it in hot water, wring it out and crumple it up, then and place it back in the bin? The surface area of the paper towel crumpled up is what generates more humidity. Yes, the membranes in the pipped eggs may dry out and cause them to be "shrinkwrapped" and unable to zip out later if the humidity is too low, but I have also heard from others in this site they had hatches they forgot about in an incubator that hatched with 40% humidity. They can be pretty resilient, but we should try our best to help them ;-)

The paper towel in the tub looks like its under water. Can you soak it in hot water, wring it out and crumple it up, then and place it back in the bin? The surface area of the paper towel crumpled up is what generates more humidity. Yes, the membranes in the pipped eggs may dry out and cause them to be "shrinkwrapped" and unable to zip out later if the humidity is too low, but I have also heard from others in this site they had hatches they forgot about in an incubator that hatched with 40% humidity. They can be pretty resilient, but we should try our best to help them ;-)
Thank you so much this helps a lot! :wee

Back
Top Bottom