CHICKS HATCHING! NEED ADVICE! URGENTLY!

FluffySilkie

Songster
Sep 11, 2020
What temperature do I keep them at? They are pipping now!

04CFFDAE-5466-49EB-947D-4592A8AAB463.jpeg

I hear chirping coming from the egg! It’s one of the best sounds I’ve ever heard! What do I do to ensure a healthy hatch!?

No more turning or candling. Just don't let anyone disturb or open the 'bator for a couple days - especially if ANY still show a Pip.

Others will chime in soon - but 100f with 60-65 percent humidity, i think. Search for your type hatcher or Incubator. Do get your Brooder set-up, and maybe assemble a couple items for possible assist after day 22, if needed - and read that thread if your pip has not zipped in 24 hrs.

I'd love pics and vids - i still have a week til lock down!

Last edited:
I don’t have an incubator, I have another thread explaining why I had to take them in so quickly!
Keep them at 102 degrees. I'm guessing this is a box with a lamp, which would be classified as a still air incubator. Mist them with hot water often to keep the humidity high. Can you post a pic of your "incubator"?

Others will chime in soon - but 95ish-100 with 60-65 percent humidity, i think. Search for your type hatcher or Incubator. I'd love vids - i still have a week til lock down!
Keep them at 102 degrees. I'm guessing this is a box with a lamp, which would be classified as a still air incubator. Mist them with hot water often to keep the humidity high. Can you post a pic of your "incubator"?

I’ve had them since 7 weeks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    548.7 KB · Views: 12
What are they laying on? And sorry, lol, but can you get further back? I just want to see the heat source and container.

Back
Top Bottom