CHICKS HATCHING! NEED ADVICE! URGENTLY!

FluffySilkie

Songster
Sep 11, 2020
What temperature do I keep them at? They are pipping now!

04CFFDAE-5466-49EB-947D-4592A8AAB463.jpeg

I hear chirping coming from the egg! It’s one of the best sounds I’ve ever heard! What do I do to ensure a healthy hatch!?

No more turning or candling. Just don't let anyone disturb or open the 'bator for a couple days - especially if ANY still show a Pip.

Others will chime in soon - but 100f with 60-65 percent humidity, i think. Search for your type hatcher or Incubator. Do get your Brooder set-up, and maybe assemble a couple items for possible assist after day 22, if needed - and read that thread if your pip has not zipped in 24 hrs.

I'd love pics and vids - i still have a week til lock down!

Last edited:
I don’t have an incubator, I have another thread explaining why I had to take them in so quickly!
Keep them at 102 degrees. I'm guessing this is a box with a lamp, which would be classified as a still air incubator. Mist them with hot water often to keep the humidity high. Can you post a pic of your "incubator"?

Others will chime in soon - but 95ish-100 with 60-65 percent humidity, i think. Search for your type hatcher or Incubator. I'd love vids - i still have a week til lock down!
Keep them at 102 degrees. I'm guessing this is a box with a lamp, which would be classified as a still air incubator. Mist them with hot water often to keep the humidity high. Can you post a pic of your "incubator"?

I’ve had them since 7 weeks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    548.7 KB · Views: 12
Maybe you can soak some paper towels in hot water and wring them out, then place the damp crumpled towels in that plastic container next to the eggs. It should not touch the eggs. If you have a makeshift cover for that plastic tub that would hold humidity better, but I guess the heat from the lamp wouldnt get to them then. I would also have the eggs touching each other. They are prolly starting to generate their own heat now too, and they'd encourage each other when they hear each other pecking the shells(That's been my experience). I wouldnt mist them with cold water because it might chill them, use warm (not hot) water if you want to mist them, but humidity from the paper towels is prolly better. You can even place the damp wet paper towels near (but not touching) the eggs.

Maybe you can soak some paper towels in hot water and wring them out, then place the damp crumpled towels in that plastic container next to the eggs. It should not touch the eggs. If you have a makeshift cover for that plastic tub that would hold humidity better, but I guess the heat from the lamp wouldnt get to them then. I would also have the eggs touching each other. They are prolly starting to generate their own heat now too, and they'd encourage each other when they hear each other pecking the shells(That's been my experience). I wouldnt mist them with cold water because it might chill them, use warm (not hot) water if you want to mist them, but humidity from the paper towels is prolly better. You can even place the damp wet paper towels near (but not touching) the eggs.

image.jpg

i have that :)

Back
Top Bottom