Chicks Hatching Today!

Doctim

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 24, 2010
North of Dallas, Texas
Six eggs in the new Hovabator Genesis 1588. I started with 10 but four were not fertile. Four had pipped when I checked them this morning (Day 20) and now I have three little EE/BCM crosses running (well falling) around in there.

I have been concerned because the thermometer has been consistently running about 97.7. The literature with the Genesis said not to adjust it for the first hatch because its internal thermometer was very accurate.

Anyway...Three out, One zipping and two not doing much.

Quote:
Awesome! 3 to go!

So the internal temperature controller (thermostat) is very accurate... whereas the thermometer put in the bator isn't? Ha.

Cheers!

I used a 1588 for my last hatch which was also my first! I had rock steady temps of 99.8 days 1-18. When I increased the humidity to about 65% I was never able to get the temps up any higher than about 97.9-98.0 . At that point I wasn't going to mess with it. I ended up hatching 7 of 9 (one pipped through a vein) so I doubt I will do anything to adjust the temps with my next hatch. I was happy with my success rate.

Yay! I love hatch day, I can't wait until I can hatch again too!
smile.png
I'm thinkin' about getting one of those 'bators.. they sound soo much easier to use!

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
clap.gif
Congrats!! 12 out of 33 have hatched out for me so far... and I only just started Day 22

Congrats! That's not Carrol County, Arkansas is it?

Back
Top Bottom