Chicks in Colorado

Welcome to BYC, Jenn :)

There's a "Colorado" thread on here if you want to touch base with us all at once ;) ...
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/68894/colorado

And howdy, neighbor ;) I will for sure have chicks this spring, but the only purebreds I'll have are Silver Spangled Hamburgs. I'll have so.e Black Australorp/Blue Andalusian crosses and Splash silkies too :)

I am so nervous when it comes to shipping chicks, so I don't blame you for looking closer to home, and you'll meet some great people at local swaps :)

Last edited:
Here are the four EEs that survived shipping
Chili - The leader of the pack... a bold and fearless risk taker as well as the peacekeeper of the bunch

Curry - Sweet and mellow with occassional fits of get up and go, go, go

Cayenne - The fiery instigator... Chili works hard to keep her in line

Saffron - The 1st to cuddle up & fall asleep on us whenever the girls are out... her wispy fuzz reminds us of her namesake

Thanks to everyone who suggested the Colorado thread to help find chicks this time of year that I could drive to and avoid further losses to shipping. I was able to find two fantastic and very personable Olive Egger chicks to replace the two lost in our shipment of Easter Eggers. Enormous thanks to Coleen and Dan for their warmth and a great tour of Honeybadger Farms. Here are the two new girls:

Basil - an incredible lovie... she was hopping up on my lap and snuggling into my hands as soon as she was out of the brooder

Fennel - she may be smaller, but her peep is MUCH bigger

The EEs at one week old:

Chili - constantly being on the go makes it hard to get a clear picture of her

Curry - currently leading the way in pin feather growth

Cayenne - our resident ball of fluff... she may be the smallest and be showing the least pin feather growth, but she's one of the fist to pick up on something new

Saffron - pretty sure she's got a cover of Chick Monthly in her sights... she poses for the camera even though she shows the least ego and has the mellowest personality of the bunch

For some reason, I haven't been able to view any of your pictures. Is everyone else seeing them ok?

Back
Top Bottom