Chicks in the garden

FeatherstoneFrm

Songster
Aug 1, 2014
Appling, GA
I was cleaning out my very overgrown garden today and wondering at what age I can let my chicks scratch around in it. Are there certain plants and weeds I need to worry about?
They are only 2-3 weeks now and inside in a crate.
I am also working on cleaning and predator proofing a dog kennel for the coop run so they can spend some time outside.

My chicks are brooded in a grow out coop, so have access to the ground at a very early age. Prior to using this set up, I took the chicks out for play dates any time the weather was above 60*. They do fine with a bit of wind protection. Of course you need to watch them like a hawk, b/c you can be assured that the hawks and all the other local predators will be watching them as well.

My chicks are brooded in a grow out coop, so have access to the ground at a very early age. Prior to using this set up, I took the chicks out for play dates any time the weather was above 60*. They do fine with a bit of wind protection. Of course you need to watch them like a hawk, b/c you can be assured that the hawks and all the other local predators will be watching them as well.
Great! Thanks. I was sure if they were old enough but it is certainly warm enough to take them out for a short time.

Back
Top Bottom