Chicks intestines are out!??

Hoopoethick

Chirping
Mar 18, 2020
image.jpg

I’ve just read that you can use a cotton bud to try and gently push the intestines back in to its body, as the opening will soon start to close up. Cutting off the circulation and killing the chick. See if you’re able to gentle push them back in before the hole starts closing up

Also keep it warm in the incubator and if you do choose to push them back in gently then keep a close eye on him/her to see if they pop out again. Is it moving around/chirping?

Also keep it warm in the incubator and if you do choose to push them back in gently then keep a close eye on him/her to see if they pop out again. Is it moving around/chirping?
It’s moving around but there is a lot of organs out. I put them in a cup and I hope she just sucks them in Becuase there is too much out to push it back in

Oh nooo, hopefully she’s able to absorb it back in. 😩 As long as it’s warm and protected in its little cup then there’s not much else you can do. People have said you can put creams/hibi scrub on it to stop infection.if you can push it in then wrap a bandage around until it heals. And give it some water in a syringe.
Really hoping it works out ok. ❤️

That appears to be the yolk sac, not the intestines, although another picture of the navel area would be great. Do NOT try to push it back it, wash your hand thoroughly, and gently pick the chick up and set her in a cup lined with DRY paper towels, leave her be.

Back
Top Bottom