Chicks legs paralysed suddenly?

Skyler vaughan

Chirping
Sep 15, 2019
At the moment I’m raising three flocks of meat birds, and the breed we were given seems to be wrong. I noticed one of my chicks wasn’t running away when I went near her and her legs seem to not work. I got her in and have been feeding her as normal, I researched that she could have mareks disease or something else genetic? I have no clue what to do, I also noticed another chick from the same flock that one of its legs isn’t working. Could this be from poor breeding? What can I do to prevent this from happening?

At the moment I’m raising three flocks of meat birds, and the breed we were given seems to be wrong. I noticed one of my chicks wasn’t running away when I went near her and her legs seem to not work. I got her in and have been feeding her as normal, I researched that she could have mareks disease or something else genetic? I have no clue what to do, I also noticed another chick from the same flock that one of its legs isn’t working. Could this be from poor breeding? What can I do to prevent this from happening?
Photos?
How old are they?
What do you feed?

Photos?
How old are they?
What do you feed?
We had to put her down, so I can’t take a photo of her now. But her neck curled sideways and she struggled to lift her head up, they’re now a month old and we were feeding organic chick crumb, now we’re feeding organic growers pellets, grit and they’re on grass.

We had to put her down, so I can’t take a photo of her now. But her neck curled sideways and she struggled to lift her head up, they’re now a month old and we were feeding organic chick crumb, now we’re feeding organic growers pellets, grit and they’re on grass.
It sounds like possibly mareks disease. I would continue to monitor the rest of your flock as it is easily transmittable.

Back
Top Bottom