chicks neck turns all way..

bensteph821

Songster
8 Years
Jun 15, 2011
Easton Pennsylvania
We have a silky that is in a wired brooder. The other day ny son brought it in and he looks fine until it tries to turn neck to the left, then his neck turns upside and crooked. Almost looking straight up. Very weird. Anybody ever encounter this? Doesn't seem to be in pain. Eating and drinking....

Interesting, I've never seen/heard about this, I think someone had a problem simalar to this though, maybe a vitamin defincancy?

Hopefully someone else will help you better than I can.....

It could be wry neck or he may have some swelling on the brain causing it or could be a vitamin defincancy you could do a search on twisted neck or wry neck and there are several ways to treat this they dont always work but it's worth a try

Thank you! Never heard of wry neck....vitamin deficiency not so sure about...we have many chicks and eat all the same thong..never saw this before. I will search though and see..

Silkies, especially ones with vaulted skulls are very prone to head injuries. The twisted neck is very common with them, also walking backwards, inability to lift the head etc. Some need injections (steroid) to reduce swelling of the brain, I've been told. I'm sure you will receive great advice on here but, if not please do contact a vet.

Back
Top Bottom