Chicks prefer lamp to EcoGlow?

fightingbunny

Songster
Aug 9, 2016
Maryland
Does anyone know why my chicks all prefer staying under a heat lamp instead of going under the EcoGlow? I put both in because I have 22 chicks and I didn't want risk anyone being pushed out into the cold. Now I have no chicks going under the EcoGlow!! Is there something I can do to encourage them to go under it?

Thanks,
Jenn

Is the EcoGlow the correct size for that many chicks? If so, shut off the lamp. You might have to push a few under but they should get the idea pretty quickly.

In nature, the sun goes down or it's a cloudy day and the chicks seek their warmth from their hen (electric or otherwise). But, on a sunny day, they may just bask for a warm-up. That's what you're seeing -- it's forever sunny in your brooder.

Is the EcoGlow the correct size for that many chicks? If so, shut off the lamp. You might have to push a few under but they should get the idea pretty quickly.

In nature, the sun goes down or it's a cloudy day and the chicks seek their warmth from their hen (electric or otherwise). But, on a sunny day, they may just bask for a warm-up. That's what you're seeing -- it's forever sunny in your brooder.

X2 TOO MUCH SUN, IF EcoGlow is Correct size for amount of chicks. Loose the heat lamp. Put regular Light bulb instead. put on timer, OR turn Light on - off as Sun Shine. It'll give them sun light & EcoGlow gives Heat they can come and go as needed. . .

Back
Top Bottom