Chicks --- pullet or roo?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by NoVA Chicks, Jan 6, 2010.

1. NoVA Chicks

NoVA Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Falls Church, VA
    I know it's way too early to be able to tell for sure, but I already suspect that #4 is a roo. Both of the black chicks are a little larger and a couple of days older than the others, but #4 is particularly active and pushy. [​IMG] (Oh, and these are 2.5 week old Araucana.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SoJoChickens

SoJoChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Fountain Green, UT
    Yep. Too early to tell.

3. NoVA Chicks

NoVA Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Falls Church, VA
    Oh, well. I guess I'll have to be patient. [​IMG] I'm convinced that #1 is a girl and #4 is a boy so it will be interesting to see if I'm right on those two.

4. greenbeandreams

greenbeandreams Chillin' With My Peeps

I'd think that you'd be able to tell soon. We recently rehomed our bantam cochin roosters. I was convinced that one was a boy when I brought it home and it pushed everyone out of the way repeatedly to get to the food bowl or what not. It even jumped out of the box I had it in at age 2 days. I was equally convinced, however, that our other was a girl - until about 4 or 5 weeks. Well, short story, they both ended up being boys. Keep watching those combs and keeping those fingers crossed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by