Hen or Roo Easter Egger?

Hazyhens

Chirping
Jan 31, 2023
I have this Easter Egger who my daughter picked out at our local feed store as an older chick. When we got it back in June it was already about 2 months old so I suspect it is around 7-8 months now. All the chicks were suppose to be sexed females but they couldn’t fully gaurentee the sex of the Easter Egger chicks. This chicken hasn’t laid an egg that I know of (however I suspect the majority of my hens may be laying places other than the coop, they tend to free range) I also have not heard it crow and it seems to be pretty docile so not sure what to make of it but I’m starting to lean Roo at this point.
IMG_1745.jpeg
IMG_1746.jpeg
IMG_1747.jpeg

It's a pullet for certain. It could be laying in some secret place, or maybe it will start laying when the days get longer in spring.
I wouldn’t put it past her. I used to get several eggs a day and a few months back my chickens who I know are laying decided that the massive yard they are in wasn’t big enough and started flying over the wall and adventuring through the orchard, about the same time our daily egg count plummeted so my guess is they are laying elsewhere 🤦🏻‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom