Chicks should be at the feed stores soon.

Whoa, they order this early!??! January is our Coldest Month... and while I like to pretend that the fluke 50 degree days are spring coming and that the cold ones are just "one last frost" I know it's not true... why are they so early... ack!

I was thinking I had TIME!! Time for the weather to be nice... to build a coop... and be ready...
(time for our IRS refund to come so hubby's not so cranky about the coop costs!)

Oh man Oh man Oh man... gotta call the local shops...

I have to keep my addiction in check...can only have a backyard flock of 6! I have my four egg machine comets, but I want a BR and an EE to finish it off! Makes it impossible to just order what I want, so maybe this way I can find at least my BR...should be pretty common at feed stores.

This year I'm ordering from our feed store in town, they get there's from Cackle. The one I've used for the last 2 years orders theirs from Heartland Hatchery and I've already have all their breeds, lol. Time to move on. My hatchery birds from Heartland have done well as far as health and such is concerned so now I'll get to see how Cackles compare.

Quote:
It is...
hmm.png
I asked last night and the manager said March. BOOO!

Oh and all my birds (Except my marans) are hatchery birds and I <3 them

Went to one feed store, and they say they don't sell chicks ever
roll.png

Have to check the other feeds stores in other towns near by, I really want to get some chicks here.

One of out local hardware stores sells chicks year round. i live in Southern California so cold is not really a problem. We have only had one or two nights with frost - most nights are in the 40's. I bought 4 chicks just before Thanksgiving.

Back
Top Bottom