Chicks starved in the mail

I am so sorry for your poor chickens. It has been awhile, but I got chicks twice from Meyer Hatchery, and they shipped mine overnight from 5 hours away. I never lost a chick either time. The US Mail unfortunately is not a completely safe way to ship nowadays since they cannot guarantee when chicks will arrive. I would ask if I could pick up the replacements. I would also speak to the local post office and try to find out what what the problem was.

We mail ordered 33 chicks from Meyer Hatchery. They took 4 days to get to our post office despite the hatchery only being 1.5 hrs away from us.

5 were DOA and we have lost more than half already, with more dying. We have done everything we know to help but they are so messed up.

I am heartbroken. I guess the only thing I want here is solidarity? :(
21 chicks have died out of the 33. These last 12 look healthy and seemingly happy, and not lethargic. Must be the toughest chickens.
:hugs I'm sorry about your chicks.
I hope these remaining ones thrive.
Keep us posted.

That's heart-breaking! Hope the other 12 stay strong. I'm sure Meyer will replace them under their guarantee but I know that doesn't take away the experience. I just got some from them 2 weeks ago and it was my first time having them shipped. I was a nervous wreck so I can only imagine waiting all those days and this result. I'm so sorry!

That's heart-breaking! Hope the other 12 stay strong. I'm sure Meyer will replace them under their guarantee but I know that doesn't take away the experience. I just got some from them 2 weeks ago and it was my first time having them shipped. I was a nervous wreck so I can only imagine waiting all those days and this result. I'm so sorry!
Yes. I have been very nervous ever since they shipped. Day 3 in the mail I was anxious through the roof. I know they will replace but you're right, it's still hard.

Back
Top Bottom