Chicks with bloody poop

Anime2lover

Keeper of tiny dinos
Apr 17, 2019
Recently I have noticed a lot of blood in our chick's area. We looked for injury but saw none. We suspected internal injury or some form of infection so we took the one we believed it to be coming from inside for special care. But we have noticed soon after that it's not just that one we brought in, but multiple of the chicks. he chicks are fully feathered but not full grown and are still on grower feed from dumor. We have already started giving them antibiotics, and corid in case it's cocidiosis. So can anyone help me to positively identify this. The one that we noticed the worst that we brought in was lethargic, but had no other symptoms.

Pictures could help. I think it is most likely coccidiosis. Keep treating with Corid. Did you have your chicks vaccinated? And are you buying the medicated or unmedicated feed?
We start off with medicated feed for our chicks. We bred them and don't know how to vaccinate our own chicks. Or where to get it done. We also just started corid for our whole flock.

We start off with medicated feed for our chicks. We bred them and don't know how to vaccinate our own chicks. Or where to get it done. We also just started corid for our whole flock.
It's a little more unusual for chicks fed with medicated feed to get it, but still possible. Keep doing what you're doing and let us know if another symptom shows up. Hopefully with the antibiotics and corid the problem will be resolved soon!

Back
Top Bottom