chicks with diarrhea

One out of every ten or so droppings will be a cecal poop, which is very wet, smelly and sometimes even fizzy. This is normal.
I know this is old...but I didn't know that cecal poops, both in chicks and adults, could be fizzy/foamy until a couple days ago.
Had chicks have the fizzy thing and an adult also....relieved to know it's normal.

This is all (mostly clear) liquid, no solid. Thus my question about urine. I saw the chick do it or I wouldn't have believed it or questioned what it was. I had read somewhere that chickens don't urinate per se, but this sure looked like urine and nothing else.
The stools are like nothing on that 'poo' page :-/

This is all (mostly clear) liquid, no solid. Thus my question about urine. I saw the chick do it or I wouldn't have believed it or questioned what it was. I had read somewhere that chickens don't urinate per se, but this sure looked like urine and nothing else.
The stools are like nothing on that 'poo' page :-/
Oh that is definitely diarrhea then.

I hope your chicks recover soon!

I know this is old...but I didn't know that cecal poops, both in chicks and adults, could be fizzy/foamy until a couple days ago.
Had chicks have the fizzy thing and an adult also....relieved to know it's normal.

Yes but if yellow and foamy here see bottom of link mentions yellow foamy coccidiosis where it discusses poo color:
http://www2.ca.uky.edu/poultryprofi...natomy_and_Physiology/Chapter3_digestive.html
It also says if there's blood in feces it is coccidiosis, but intestinal lining shedding is also 'bloody' but normal.
Hard to say and I guess you have to take other observations under consideration before making a diagnosis.

One of my chicks is showing a few of the symptoms of coccidiosis, like standing in a corner alone with eyes closed and fluffing up feathers as if cold, but no other symptoms... should I be worried?

One of my 7 week old chicks has all the symptoms listed earlier for coccidiosis. I just bought Corid and will start giving to the chick orally with a syringe, She is not drinking on her own but is still on her feet. Is there anything else I can do? I have never dealt with sick chickens before and had no idea this could happen so fast,

It will either work quickly...or not...just keep her hydrated and warm, feed some egg yolks if you can....
no vitamins or electrolytes in water when using Corid, just the Corid solution..... best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom