chicks with diarrhea

One of my 7 week old chicks has all the symptoms listed earlier for coccidiosis. I just bought Corid and will start giving to the chick orally with a syringe, She is not drinking on her own but is still on her feet. Is there anything else I can do? I have never dealt with sick chickens before and had no idea this could happen so fast,
When you give your chick the medicated water make sure you dribble alongside the beak and not pour it into the mouth, to prevent aspiration. They will gobble it when it is dribbled alongside the beak.

Make sure you keep her warm if she seems cold and is fluffed up, if the temps are cool where you are.

Scrambled eggs as a treat will boost her up - maybe you can give her some when she starts eating again.

Thank you for the feedback and encouragement, I really don't want this little pullet to die. And- I was squirting the solution down her throat so thank goodness you told me that!
More questions: How often should I give her the medicine? Every hour? When would I notice improvement? She was eating and drinking yesterday but was acting kind of lethargic and sleepy with her feathers fluffed out. ( She's a polish/silkie cross so puffed out feathers make her completely round with a beak on one side and feet sticking out).
thanks again

Thank you for the feedback and encouragement, I really don't want this little pullet to die. And- I was squirting the solution down her throat so thank goodness you told me that!
More questions: How often should I give her the medicine? Every hour? When would I notice improvement? She was eating and drinking yesterday but was acting kind of lethargic and sleepy with her feathers fluffed out. ( She's a polish/silkie cross so puffed out feathers make her completely round with a beak on one side and feet sticking out).
thanks again
Do it every hour if you can but of course you can't do that round the clock so do what you feel you can do.

You are welcome!

You should notice improvement within 24 hours from my experience. I hope she feels better soon!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom