Chicks With Two Mommas! (pic heavy)

squeakyballs

Crowing
14 Years
Feb 7, 2009
Pacific Northwest
My silkies have been sitting on golfballs for weeks!I finally bought some chicks for them. I swapped them out last night.

Febchicks05.jpg

Febchicks06.jpg

Febchicks07.jpg

Febchicks04.jpg

Americuana? And my recycled strawberry pot feeder! It works perfectly!

Febchicks01.jpg

Americuana

Febchicks02.jpg

Silkie

Febchicks03.jpg

Cochin or Maran? It is an odd angle, I still have a hard time telling them apart without seeing the feet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats! BEware that is a disaster waiting to happen! I would separate quick...the moms will fight for the babies, often killing the babies!

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Congrats on the chicks!
celebrate.gif
The silkie looks like a blue silkie and I think the rest of the chicks you are right on the breed! SO CUTE!!!!

Thank you! The lady I bought from had so many birds, it was so fun to go on the tour of her place. She had blue, splash, black, and white silkies. I remember seeing a white roo but there was so much to see that it all blurs together. I know that some of them were show quality. I had decided not to get any more silkies, but how could I not get that one?
wink.png

I wish I could have spent more time looking, but I had a toddler who was ready for his nap. Plus, her emu bit him (my fault) and that didn't help matters any
lau.gif
How many people can say they were bitten by an emu? (He was okay, I promise).​

Should I put up a ring of chicken wire, and put a silkie in it along with half of the chicks? Will she still care for them, even booted from the nest box?

Or should I put one silkie in with the bunny, and leave the other with 8 chicks?

What absolutely DARLING photos! I especially love the one with the little chickie butt sticking out from those fluffy girls. Silkies just look so soft and huggy.

Back
Top Bottom