?Chicks wont eat fermented food

Just started my flock on fermented food too. Saves allot of $ as they don't need to eat as much, and it's more nutritious. They were hesitant at first, so I gave them little of both dry and fermented in separate containers. Then started to alternate one day dry, next day fermented. I combine scratch and crumble in mine, they really love it now. One thing I noticed if you forget to stir it regularly or have it sit too long it develops mold on top and smells bad, not good for chicks at that point. 2 to 3 days is about right. Making in small batches is best unless you have a big flock.

Just started my flock on fermented food too. Saves allot of $ as they don't need to eat as much, and it's more nutritious. They were hesitant at first, so I gave them little of both dry and fermented in separate containers. Then started to alternate one day dry, next day fermented. I combine scratch and crumble in mine, they really love it now. One thing I noticed if you forget to stir it regularly or have it sit too long it develops mold on top and smells bad, not good for chicks at that point. 2 to 3 days is about right. Making in small batches is best unless you have a big flock.
Big flock? LOL,. Chicken math is for weak minded people, and I 'don't pertain to that!! BTW, I started with 6 and now have 16!! How does this happen? I did want ee's, and a rir. If anymore come in, I think the wife will kill me. I do have a 15x8 she'd coming for them though, but now I have to figure out the run.

Back
Top Bottom